Captain America Concept Art

The images below are from Captain America: The First Avenger and feature Chris Evans in costume.
Costume Design by Jeffrey Kurland and Anna B. Sheppard. I'm not sure who did these, but they list James Carson and Rodolfo Damaggio as the concept artists




A couple of things I like are the almost accidental inclusion of Captain America concept elements like the red and white stripes on the tunic. and the muted colors. Most notably missing are the wings on the helmet. This is probably a good idea since they'd get blown off by weapons fire anyway. Overall, it looks good.

I find it interesting that Marvel is using computer graphics to create the "concept art" for their upcoming movies. I hope it's not a trend since I prefer hand-drawn art.

Comments

Post a Comment